Thursday, December 20, 2012

Merry Christmas From Access National Bank

Sometimes investments really pay off.

I got my Christmas present early this year.  The Board of Directors at Access National Bank decided to offer a 70-cent special year-end dividend, which came today in the form of a check for over $1300.

As you know, I bought this stock when a friend of mine helped start the bank about 12 years ago.  I was offered founders shares and the most I could scrape up was $10,000 at the time.

Over the years, I have sold $30,000 of this stock, and today the remaining balance is still worth close to $20,000.

In addition to this special dividend, it cranks out a dividend of 6 to 8 cents a share, every quarter.

Not a bad return on my investment!

Now, if I had only invested $100,000 in the bank, where would I be?

Oh, but time machines!  They are such devious things!