Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Stingy Sign Trick

 

Political signs are annoying.  But they can be recycled for other uses!

I mentioned before that during one of the last elections, the politicians put up these signs along the road near our election polling station.  After the election, they took them down, or at least most of them took them down.  Some candidates (who lost) didn't bother, so I did them the favor of removing their signs for them - and recycling them.  The same was true for a local "Mosquito Control" service which peppered the island with their signs on public property - in a State Park no less!  I liberated them.

We were having a garage sale, and I painted over their political and commercial messages with house paint and then used the signboard (which is a corrugated plastic with wire stakes (the "H" stake) for my garage sale signage.  They are sturdy signs and waterproof, too!

Mark had the idea of painting them with chalkboard paint so they could be written on for different uses.

After paying $35 to have a sign made at a sign shop, I can see where free is a lot more attractive option!

Not only that, but even the stakes (the H-stake) comes in handy when you have signs of your own and the stakes wear out over time.

So all you candidates out there - watch out!  Because the day after election day, I'm grabbing any unattended signage you leave laying about!