1. The job had to be in a particular city
2. It must be related to her useless undergraduate degree
3. It must not involve computers
4. It could not be in a cubicle
5. It could not be anything beneath her like retail or restaurant work
6. It must be a "career" position
7. Etc,. Etc., Etc.
The new CEO of General Motors is a woman - and the media is making a big fuss about that. But what is more important to me is that she is a graduate of General Motors Institute - about a year behind me. She didn't go to Harvard and learn theories about how the automobile industry works, she actually started out on the factory floor, at age 18, and has been there ever since. Experience - you can't get that with a college degree.