Sunday, July 23, 2017

Fake Living Stingy Site

Someone is impersonating me!  I guess I should be flattered.


A reader notes that someone has obtained the "Living Stingy" domain name and copied my entire blog to it.   I notified Google and the content was removed.  The site remained blank for several weeks but today has new content (undoubtedly scraped from someone else's blog).

Most of the stuff posted is dreck - "50 ways to save money" for example, which suggests becoming a "secret shopper".   Most "secret shopper" deals are rip-offs.   They ask YOU for money, not the other way around.

Anyway, I could care less, other than someone might stumble upon that site and think I wrote it.

I did not.


UPDATE:  While the "50 ways to save money" page is kind of lame, some of the other stuff isn't too horrible, such as the "how to save" page after it.

The compound interest calculator is a nice touch as well.

I wonder whose blog they are stealing from now?   Some of it appears to be too well-written to be from some Indian blog farm.

Hmmmm...... maybe I should just cut-and-paste their content and put it here and retire.

Turnabout is fair play!

Oh, wait, a simple google search shows they cut-and-pasted it from a book:

https://www.amazon.com/Money-Happiness-Guide-Living-Good/dp/0470067799

Gotta love Indian blog farms! Or maybe not.